We’re giving freelancers early access to a Penfold Pension – come and help us build a better pension for freelancers.
At Penfold, we want to make pensions better for everybody, so we spend a lot of our time talking to people about their pensions. When we talk to freelancers or people who are self-employed, they often tell us that they know they should be saving into a pension, but just don’t know where to start.
So in May we are giving a select group of freelancers (anybody who is self-employed and doesn’t have access to a workplace pension) early access to the Penfold Pension (we’re calling this ‘Penfold Beta‘).
(If you’re not self-employed, we’d still love to help you with your pension so please drop us a note, and we will try our best to squeeze you in, but we are giving priority to freelancers just for this first couple of months)
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like access to Penfold Beta
One of our team will follow up just to make sure you are eligible (for the Penfold beta you’ll need to be a UK tax resident) and then add you to the waiting list. We’ll start sending out unique links for beta sign up from the beginning of May.
What’s in it for me?
- Access to an FCA regulated, FSCS protected pension
- Be part of the early community that helps shape the Penfold pension for (hopefully) millions of freelancers in the future
- Invites to exclusive beta events, rewards and discounts
We want to build a better pension for freelancers
Over time, we want to make Penfold the best pension out there, not just for freelancers and the self-employed, but for everybody. That means Penfold will eventually help you:
- Save on your tax bill and get more money into your pension by paying in from your limited company
- Set up an FCA regulated, FSCS protected pension on your mobile, in just 5 minutes.
- Figure out how much you should be saving (and how to afford it!)
- Save as little (or as much) as you can afford
- Understand the important things you actually need to know about pensions
- Pause or top up your contributions whenever you like
- Put all your pensions in one place
- Start & pay into a pension for your partner or kids
- Invest ethically and track the impact of your pension on the wider world
- Claim back tax on your pension contributions automatically (if you’re a basic rate taxpayer – higher rate payers do this via tax return)
But we want to do so much more! We are sure there are lots of things you want from your pension that we haven’t thought of yet – that’s why we’re launching Penfold Beta, so we can get real freelancers actually using penfold and telling us how to make it even better.
What is Penfold Beta?
Penfold Beta just means early access to the Penfold Pension. We have big plans for building a revolutionary new pension product that is a million miles better than every other pension, but in Penfold Beta we will still be the very early stages of development.
We’ll always be on hand to sort out any problems – either on the end of our online chat, phone, email, or available at our offices in London Bridge.
Your money is held separately to any of Penfolds assets, by an FCA regulated custodian, and managed by one of the worlds largest money managers. During Beta, the Penfold Pension will be regulated by the FCA and your money will be FSCS protected. In the unlikely event that anything happened to Penfold, our partners at Gaudi (another FCA regulated business who administer lots of pensions) would take over managing your pension. With pensions, as with all investments, your capital is at risk. The value of your investment could go down as well as up and you may get back less than you invest.
E-mail us at email@example.com if you’d like early access to the the Penfold Pension
If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail us or chat to us on our website. We’d love to know what you think about our ideas for the perfect pension for freelancers, so please do drop us a note if there is anything you’d like to share.